Wednesday, July 8, 2009

VO2 Max Test

So, I got my first test in on Monday. I'll have two tests, one in the TT position and one on the hoods and I'll do them a week apart. It's a study that some of the team are participating in at KU Med to help out some friends. It looks at the effect of riding position on power output. What it is to me (while the study is interesting) is a chance to see where I'm at in a test that is pretty much the end-all test of fitness.



I did my first test on the hoods. Next Monday will be the TT position, not something I have a whole lot of experience with. It should be interesting.



I kind of thought that I would do a little better than I feel like I did. I figured I'd be able to hold out longer, but that's why you do the test. It was also a little weird trying to only breath through your mouth with a bite block and your nose pinched off. I also didn't know how much I'd drool all over my bike and the floor since I couldn't swallow.

It was a good experience though. Looking forward to how I do next week.

-Stay Dirty

No comments:

Post a Comment